We often get asked questions by our clients. Usually these are to do with how to prepare for a professional carpet clean or customers wanting to put their mind at ease around our expertise.
If you are thinking of getting your carpets or upholstery professionally cleaned and have any questions, please get in touch – we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Here are a few of our most commonly asked questions:
- How long does a carpet take to clean?
- The length of a clean depends on the condition and size of the carpet area. Usually a full domestic carpet clean will typically take between 1-3 hours.
- What is the difference between a DIY carpet cleaning machine and the equipment you use?
- Our professional carpet cleaning machines have powerful twin vacuum motors and much higher PSI pumps (force per square inch) than the machines you see for hire in DIY stores and supermarkets. But it’s not just the machinery – whereas DIY machines tend to come with a one-size-fits-all cleaning fluid, our expertise lies in knowing which specialist products to use with which types of stain. Used in combination with our professional machinery, we achieve an unrivalled depth of cleaning.
- Do I need to remove all furniture from the room?
- Not necessarily. Sometimes objects or furniture may be too heavy or are at risk of breaking if moved. If a large item of furniture lies flat on a carpet area, restricting dust and debris from collecting underneath, these types of units realistically don’t need to be moved. It’s ultimately your choice if you want to remove furniture or just have traffic areas cleaned.
- Do you use steam or water when cleaning?
- Our machines use water and inline heaters that heat the water to a temperature to cut through dirt effectively whilst protecting the fibres.
- Are you a legitimate company?
- Yes – we are fully insured with 25 years’ experience and a member of the NCCA (National Carpet Cleaners Association).
- Do you guarantee you can get all stains out?
- Although we will do our best to remove all stains, we cannot guarantee to remove all stains totally.
- Are your chemicals safe for animals and children?
- All cleaning chemicals used are tested by a governing body and certified safe for babies and pets.
- Will carpet cleaning get rid of the smell of dogs (deodorise)?
- Even though we will use deodorisers to freshen carpets if needed, in some cases it isn’t always possible to remove unpleasant odours straight away, although we will do our best.
- How long does it take for a carpet to dry after cleaning?
- Carpets vary when it comes to drying times as it depends on how thick the pile is and how deep a clean has been carried out. Usually, the average carpet will take 2-5 hours to dry.
- Can I walk on a carpet when it’s wet?
- It is fine to walk on a carpet straight after cleaning as long as you are wearing house slippers that haven’t been worn outside.
- Why does my carpet smell funny after cleaning?
- We strongly recommend opening windows to air rooms as much as possible after cleaning. Even though we use deodorisers to freshen carpets when needed, dirt and odours are extracted from deep in the carpet fibres and in some cases it’s impossible to totally remove bad odours straight away.
- How often should I get my carpets professionally cleaned?
- We recommend getting carpets professionally cleaned every 6-12 months, depending whether you have pets and/or children. Regular cleaning is important for removing dirt and bacteria and prolonging the lifespan of your carpet.